in Murray, KY
Why People Use Specialty Eyeglasses
Certain activities don’t lend themselves to wearing standard eyeglasses. As a result, many designers have developed different frames and lenses for specific circumstances. These specialty glasses were born out of a need to provide you with clear sight, but also withstand impact, fit under a bicycle helmet, resist fogging in wet conditions, and help you read newspapers and webpages with ease.
Ultimately, they’re built for the functions you need — but that doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t fit your style at the same time!
Start with an
Eye Health Exam
Our expert eye doctors take the time during your eye exam to learn about your eye health and lifestyle before offering solutions. They’ll use some of the latest diagnostic and imaging technology to look for early signs of eye conditions and to produce an updated vision prescription. But they’ll also discuss how your eyewear fits into your work life and hobbies, which often benefit from specialty eyeglasses.
Get a Specialty
Types of Specialty Eyeglasses
We’ve fitted people for specialty eyeglasses for many different situations and needs over the years. While this list of hobbies and activities that benefit from specialty glasses is far from complete, these are some of the most popular types of specialty eyeglasses we offer:
- Eyewear designed for closeup activities like reading the paper, playing the piano, or sewing
- Prescription goggles for swimming or biking
- Protective eyewear for other sports
- Lenses that help block blue light from television, computer, and phone screens
- Eyewear that helps prevent eye strain at work or while playing video games
- OSHA Compliant Safety Eyewear for hazardous work environments
- Glasses that boost contrast sensitivity, making it easier to drive at night
If you don’t see what you’re looking for, we’re excited to find a tailored solution for you! One of the best parts of our jobs is solving unique challenges, and we welcome the opportunity to help you, no matter how niche your needs.
For an eye exam to see how a new pair of specialty glasses could positively impact your life, please book an appointment at Jarvis Vision Center today!